A discussion on state and private collections will have to collate very different kinds of information and arrive at different approaches to begin to be able to intervene in defining the possibilities of archiving. To begin to generate public discussions and perhaps different approaches to these questions, we would like information to be made public on the following:
· On whether there is information on which historians and archivists are on the Advisory Board for the National Archives of India.
· On the exchange policies of the National Archives and whether there have been attempts to ask for documents from overseas libraries in exchange for holdings from Indian libraries. Currently the accepted understanding seems to be that in exchange for resources to preserve, the funder can enhance their collection.
· On whether there have been attempts to intervene in state policies on preservation.
· On ongoing dialogues and preservation projects relating to archives and libraries within and across national borders.
· On whether there is anyone who has thought about the question of archives with respect to intellectual property rights.